Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Thursday, June 10, 2010

ANYTHING BUT A CARD TODAY AT SOFTPENCIL THURSDAY!!



Welcome to another edition of SOFTPENCIL THURSDAY!!  Make sure you stop by the SOFTPENCIL BLOG amd check out the new stuff Elizabeth has got going on for you, including her AMAZING new line of sentiments!  Also, you'll want to visit SOFTPENCIL SHOP where you can purchase the NEW sentiments as well as all the other ADORABLE SOFTPENCIL images.  If you like chatting, freebies and tutorials, you'll want to be sure to stop by SOFTPENCIL GROUP on PCP.  Finally, we have a new DT member joining us, so a big warm welcome to FINK!  You can check out Fink's blog HERE.

So, this week, we're working with RATINY'S MUSHROOM HOME image and are creating Anything But a Card.  I decided to make a jewelry box.  I chose to follow the DIVA COFFEE BREAK DESIGNS CHALLENGE which is a color challenge this week to use SU Gable green, bashful blue and pixie pink.  My pink is a textured paper that is from my local craft store, but it's the same color as pixie pink.  I used a Sizzix Bigz XL die for my box template.  I then cut out a piece of bashful blue and stuck it behind the opening.  The pink piece is cut from the top of the template and then used an SU border punch on top and bottom.  SOFTPENCIL image is printed on GP white 110 and colored with Copics and Atyou Spicas.  Ribbon is from my stash and flower is prima.  I am also entering this for CREATIVE COTTAGE CHALLENGE which is to GO PINK.

This is the front view of the box.  Sentiment is computer generate, cut with Nesties and daubed in SU Gable green.  Flower is prima and DP is imaginisce.

Inside the box I have put a charm bracelet for a friend with charms that say "Love," "Care," and "Give."  I thought that fit in well with the image and sentiment.  Thanks so much for looking, can't wait to hear what you think.:)  Also, don't forget to grab the award below that I have left for all my friends/followers!


13 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh....pretty gift box Audrey! I love making gift boxes and bags!

Cat said...

OMGosh! Audrey, this project is beautiful! It almost outshines the gift inside! Hugs

Anonymous said...

I just love this project!! It is such a wonderful size!! Blessings and Hugs!!

Kerry said...

What a beautiful project!!! So sweet, love it!

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

What a pretty box you made... I love this.
xxx

Lisa Atha said...

This is sooooo cute!

Lisa A.

fairie said...

Beautiful gift box.

Cindy N. said...

Very beautiful box. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Oh Audrey this is fantastic! Love the idea of a jewelry box. Your colors are wonderful - so bright and cheery!

Berry said...

What a stunning little box! I love the colour combo, one of my faves! Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage challenge this wk hugs Rebekah xx

Tracy said...

this is really beautiful, the sentiment and image is so lovely. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage Challenge, Tracy x

Becky said...

What a gorgeous box Audrey, really pretty!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!
Love Becky xx

Anne-Marije said...

Wow what a wonderful box!
xxx Anne-Marije