Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Friday, July 9, 2010

THE CHARACTER CAFE - GATE FOLD CARD CHALLENGE

Happy Friday to everyone!!  I really need to stop staying up sooo late.    I have picked my candy winners, but I am going to wait to announce them a bit later today (not trying to prolong it, just tired and also want to get new candy together first).  For those 3 who won the last candy, I will get it mailed out to you within the next 2 days - I apologize for being pokey, but with going away, etc., I just didn't have time.

On to the NEW CHALLENGE at CHARACTER CAFE BLOG.  Remember, you will have til Thurs., July 15 at 11:59pm to link your project using the linky tool on the CAFE BLOG.  Although you are not required to use a TCC image, we'd sure LOVE to see one:)  If you need some images, hop on over to CHARACTER CAFE SHOP and see all the AWESOME images that are there.

Our challenge this week is to make a card using a GATE FOLD.  If you are unsure how to make a gate fold card, there are links to several tutorials on the CHARACTER CAFE BLOG to help you out.
Front
I am also giving you a view of the right side of the card so you can see the whole panel.

I colored this HILARIOUS TCC image with Copics and Atyou Spicas.  Then I cut it with nesties.  Image comes with sentiment, which I LOVE!  CS is SU kiwi kiss.  All DP is Bo Bunny.  Purple buttons are Daisy Ds and green are Sassafras Lass.  Bling is from Mark Richards and butterfly is K & Co.

Thanks so much for looking.  This card also is for the challenge at CAARDVARKS - birthday card.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

10 comments:

Jill said...

Love gatefold cards and this is a really fun one! Jill x

cheryl said...

oh this really is one beautiful gate fold card hun really beautifully detailed,too hugs cheryl xxxxx

Tanya said...

I have not tried a gate fold card yet, they look like so much fun. Your card is adorable! Love the sentiment! And the big butterfly, fantastic. I know someone who would love this.

Kelly said...

Fabulouas card with Fredrik Frog Audrey!! Your colouring rocks...I love the button accents too!
Great job this week Audrey.

Kelly

Lola said...

I used this little guy too! Great card and love the color combo.

Cindy N. said...

I really like the colors and paper combinations on this card. Lovely card Audrey. Hugs.

Georgia said...

great card. I love the frogs

Love crafts forever said...

Super cute. Hugs, Nataliya.

Fink said...

He is totally hilarous! Great job with this gatefold challenge! Nice coloring as well

Rachel said...

Awesome gate fold card!!!
hugs,
Rachel