Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Monday, December 17, 2012

HOLIDAY CHEER WITH EMBOSSING CHALLENGE AT DIGI DARLAS!

Happy Monday morning everyone!   Before I get to the challenge announcement, I just want to take a few minutes to comment and reflect on the Newton, Conn. tragedy.   I do not live in Connecticut and I do not personally know anyone who was directly involved in this senseless killing spree, however, I have been affected very deeply by this horrid incident.  I am not sure if it hit so close to home because I have young, elementary age school children, because I have spent many, many years volunteering at the elementary or what, but I have been in great despair over the events that occurred on Fri.  I want to send my heartfelt prayers and sympathy to anyone who lost someone and to those whose lives were taken by such a ruthless and senseless act, words cannot express the sadness I feel.  I am hoping that any happiness that comes with the holidays can be salvaged for those grieving over these horrible losses.  God Bless us everyone!


Ok, now onto HAPPT NEWS!  We have a NEW CHALLENGE at DIGI DARLA'S CHALLENGE this week and it is HOLIDAY CHEER WITH EMBOSSING.  The embossing can be wet or dry or both.  I sure hope you will come join us – you don’t have to use a DIGI DARLA’S DESIGNS image to play along, but if you do, you get 2 entries per creation, just add DDD after your name.


For my creation, I chose DIGI DARLA’S image “Christmas Bells.”  I love this beautiful image and had great fun coloring it with my Copics and Sakura glaze pen.  I cut it out with Sizzix die.  This card is pretty much the closest I get to CAS, and I am super happy with how it turned outSmile  I used 2 different Sizzix EFs – snowflakes on the sides and holly vines in middle.  I added a sentiment from My Craft Spot cut with Nestie and flower from K and Co.  CS is American Crafts and SU.   Hope you like it and will come play along at DIGI DARLA'S CHALLENGE !

Additional Challenges:


CARD MANIA – snowflakes (on both outer embossed pieces)
A & T SKETCH CHALLENGE – anything goes
EUREKA STAMPS – Christmas spirit
FOREVER FRIENDS – Christmas cards
HOOKED ON CRAFT – Christmas
INCY WINCY – holly or mistletoe
MARKER POP – deep, dark colors with markers
LOVE TO CREATE – winter fun
PAPER PRETTIES MONDAY – Christmas
SQUIGGLEFLY – anything goes with a sentiment

21 comments:

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card and image Audrey x

Maryann Laursen said...

Such a gorgeous card here Audrey, really beautiful work.

cebelica said...

This is a very beautiful card. I like all the embossing and beautiful image. Hugs! xx

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful card.

Tkat said...

love the embossing background! pretty card :)

*Urška* said...

Beautiful and lovely card....:)

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a great idea to use different embossing on the different colored panels. Going to have to remember that one! Pretty card.

Ardilla said...

Beautiful card, Audrey!

Ani said...

Beautiful card, Audrey! Thank you for playing along at Card Mania!

Holly Young said...

Great card audrey! I love all of the texture and the shimmery stars! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Lovely card, the embossing is fabulous
Thanks for joining in with our Christmas challenge over at Forever Friends and good luck
Julie x
My blog
Pennys Challenges DT member
Fashionista DT member
Forever Friends DT member
OSAAT DT member

Tanya said...

Beautiful card, I love the bells, traditional colours and the embossing :)

Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends Challenge blog for our Fortnightly Challenge :)

Merry Christmas!

Tanya xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and great image!! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!
Z

Crafty and Green said...

Thank you for having played with us last week at Love to Create Challenge!! Merry Christmas!! See you in 2013!

Linda said...

Nice christmascard!!
With all the red and green and nice christmas image.
Thanx for joining us over at Foreverfriends.
Merry christmas!
Linda (DTFF)
stampscrapandsmile.blogspot.nl

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation, love the embossed panels!

Thank you for sharing with us at
A&T Challenges, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Audrey. I love the image and fabulous embossing.
Thank you for taking part in the Card Mania Challenge
Sue

Unknown said...

what a beautiful card many thanks for joining in with us at FF hugs ssassyxx

Crafty and Green said...

Beautiful!! Thank you so much for playing with us for Challenge #19: Christmas Spirit at Eureka Stamps Challenge! Please Come back and play with us again soon!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Maire Gamber said...

Very beautiful card. I love the vintage look! thank you for joining us at MakerPOP!
Hugs,
Marie XX

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Beautiful card Audrey - love the different colours of embossed card and the vintage feel to the image you've used. Thanks for sharing your card at Incy Wincy Designs in our "Holly or Mistletoe" challenge.
Helen x (DT)